Challenge for dual-use technologies
Are you a startup looking to make an impact, hoping to discover new verticals, and ultimately grow your business? Singapore’s HTX – Home Team Science and Technology Agency, and SOSA HLS invite you to come forward and discover how your solutions can breakthrough and address the challenges of the homeland security (HLS) domain in our unique open innovation challenge for dual-use technologies.
About the program
The SOSA-HTX Open Innovation Challenge is a unique dual-use technologies accelerator program designed to identify and cultivate early-stage ideas into breakthrough science and tech solutions for public safety and security. By connecting and building an ecosystem of startup innovators, the program supports and accelerates technology innovation for a safer tomorrow. Participating startups will work alongside HTX’s experts on Proof-of-Concepts to validate their technologies for real-world implementations.
The Accelerator program is located in Tel Aviv.
The program is seeking solutions in one or more of the following areas:
Frontline Emergency & Rescue
- Real time locating and monitoring of personnel in indoor environment
- Life detection through wall or rubble
- Remote, real time collaborative and realistic technology for tactical training and operations
- Body cooling during operations
Environmental Monitoring & Sensemaking
- Remote and early-detection of harmful gas (e.g., chlorine) emissions in low-light conditions
- Predict and identify the source of chemical threats in the environment
Robotics & Drones
- Autonomous navigation systems
- Autonomous obstacle & detection avoidance
Crime Scene Forensics
- Rapid crime scene imaging, mapping and on-scene 3D capture of forensic exhibits
- Rapid identification of explosive residue and blast fragments at a post-blast scene
Seeking highly innovative and impactful technologies relevant to public safety and security
Put your technology to the test
Get a $50,000
Have your potential client as part of your development process
Access to Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology (SWITCH)
Get the business tools you need
Develop commercially and technologically
“I highly recommend the SOSA accelerator program. Through the program, we were able to refine our product at a critical stage and introduce our product to the defense ecosystem. The program’s grant and introduction to key investment took us to the next level.”
HTX is the world’s first Science and Technology agency that integrates a diverse range of scientific and engineering capabilities to innovate and deliver transformative and operationally- ready solutions for homeland security.
As a statutory board of Singapore’s Ministry of Home Affairs and integral to the Home Team, HTX works at the forefront of science and technology to empower Singapore’s frontline safety and security. Our shared mission is to amplify, augment and accelerate the Home Team’s advantage and secure Singapore as the safest place on planet earth.
*The Home Team refers to collectively the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) which consists of MHA Headquarters, 7 Home Team departments, and 3 statutory boards.